Sunday 22 August 2010

T.V.G are Back Yeah!























The thing that is amazing about the High Street and the Fringe is that you meet people who can change your life. When I first started shooting the street I was just like every other photographer out there; and I still am, but I did something radically different. I gave back to the street what I got out of it. I met and have made friends from all over the world now, I'm part of the biggest family out there, I became part of the family that is the street performing community.

My other friendships have also grown from other parts of the Fringe community. With theatre companies such as Firefly Productions, Rain People and the girls and guys from T.V.G. I make friends, I don't push my way in to peoples lives, I slip in quietly. I gain the trust and respect before blundering in with a camera. Respect earns you better photos; but only some of the time.

I watch the street. I see the High street as a wonderful place where everything that happens is something special. From the magical love story directed by Pedro Tochas, starring an international cast. To the simplicity of a person handing out flyers.
Every moment needs to be captured. But there are not enough of "me" out there so some I sadly miss.
Still tomorrow I'm looking forward to some radical street shots as T.V.G are back. How cool!

2 comments:

  1. Pedro Tochas is an incredible artist and i'm very proud to know his work. I've already seen some of his shows in Portugal and he's really fantastic!

    The photos are great. Keep up with the good work!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pedro's shows too. And he is a great friend of mine so I shall pass your message on.

    ReplyDelete