Monday 16 August 2010

Aug 16th Cold and Dull - Hot Shot! (Don't try This at Home)


Not the best of Mondays on the High Street, it was for most of the day a bit "flat". The only was to describe it. A bit of energy was lacking. Jackets and jumpers were the thing to be seen in. It was cold.

When I get cold it does start to sap the motivation. And I wonder why am I here. Why do I do this every year. Get up at 5am. Go through images, re size them and put them up here.


But it was last night when I got in I discovered one shot. I love it. Hadn't seen a preview, hadn't checked I'd got it. It was the reason I do what I do. Seeing it fresh and for the first time last night put me back in the right mood for today.


Digital cameras are an excellent tool. But remember they are only a tool. It's a bit of luck and the right imagination and anything is possible. So keep the mystery of what you take as a mystery. If you worry about not getting a shot take two. If you understand how your camera works you wont need to check anything. And if you get it wrong why be disappointed instantly.


So Derek, thanks for the shot, funny that we just had had the conversation first thing this morning about your fire shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment