Sunday 29 August 2010

Aug 29th My Last Day


















Weather report, I have no idea, but I wake up and see blue sky and sunshine. Yes my plan for today might just work. Arrive at the draw for 10am still blue skies "yes"!
Do some promo pictures on Carlton Hill, great idea nice backdrop, blue sky.
11.30am. Carlton Hill, howling gale, windchill factor -5 or more. Elena's dress was more likely to send her in to orbit, than give a Marilyn Monroe moment. Juggling clubs would probably take someone out on Princes Street. J-P Koala's axe would certainly take someone's head off on Princes Street. And the Goddess, stood there under the grey sky as if to summon the sun just one more time.
Hitting the High street after I was almost dead. Chilled to the bone, I wasn't going to survive the day. I took refuge in a hot chocolate and returned to the street. It was slow. Gloves scarves and winter jackets were in abundance.
Then the wind eased, the sun started to break through there was a glimmer of hope.

Warmth arrived and the crowds retook to the streets, showtime. for one last day for some; like myself, others would be there tomorrow to ease out everything right to the end.

I hit the pub, said a few goodbyes, then wandered around finding those people that matter to offer a final goodbye to. Friends new and old, another year over.

This blog may have run it's course, but part two has already sprung to life. More photos and stories yet to come. So keep checking in. Thank you to everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment